This post is also available in german/deutsch.
Hello everyone, today I´ll show you a super yummy and healthy recipe for a Bircher muesli. In any case, I hope you enjoy it. I prefer to put all the ingredients in a slightly larger bowl so it can be mixed better the next day and it does not overflow. Because you must add yogurt at the next morning.
I mostly start rubbing the apple and add the remaining ingredients. Do not worry about the liquid that gets absorbed by the oatmeal and seeds. The amount is enough for about 2 portions and keeps very well in the fridge. The yoghurt gives Bircher muesli creaminess. You can use soy yoghurt, Greek yogurt or 1.5% fat yoghurt. I mostly add 1.5% fat yoghurt in my Bircher muesli.
Bircher Muesli - the classic one
- 100 g of rolled oats
- 300 ml of plant based milk
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- zest from a ¼ organic orange
- 1 handfull mixed nuts chopped
- 6 tbsp of yogurt
- ½ apple grated
- pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tbsp of lemon juice
- Rub the apple in a bowl and drizzle with a lemon juice.
- Add rolled oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, nuts, orange zest, cinnamon and mix with milk.
- Over and let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning stir in the yoghurt.
- Serve with apple, berries and nut butter.