It´s Easter! So, I think a simple carrot cake made with carrots and alomds, and topped with a layer of creamy `creme cheese`frosting, chopped pistachios and sweet marzipan carrots as decoration, is just perfect! This cake is easy and quick to make, healthy, moist and incredibly delicious!
CARROT CAKE – MOIST, HEALTHY AND FLAVORFUL
I don´t know about you, but whenever I think of typical Easter treats, then next to chocolate Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies, I immediately come across a carrot cake. In addition, I think that carrots give the cake not only a great flavor, but also a certain moisture that lasts for days. Therefore, the cake even tastes better on the second day, because it becomes more intense in flavor and gets even juicier.
Well packaged and stored in the fridge, it lasts for about 3 to 4 days and still tastes great.
QUICK AND EASY TO MAKE
Incidentally, I think that such a carrot cake is really super fast prepared and baked. After all, you just have to grate the carrots (I did it with a high speed blender, it goes even faster than per hand) and stir together with the other few ingredients. Then everything goes into the oven, which does the rest. Afterwards you can garnish or decorate the cake as desired. Of course, if you don´t feel like that, you can just eat the cake without any toppings! Although, I honestly think that you should at least spread the creamy frosting on top, because it tastes so good!
The BEST Carrot Cake
- 125 g of butter or coconut oil - room temperature i use half/half
- 50 g of erythrit
- 50 g of maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanillaextract
- 2 (flax) eggs
- 250 g of carrots
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100 g of ground almonds
- 125 g of spelt flour
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
For the frosting:
- 200 g of (vegan) creme cheese
- 40 g of icing sugar
- 1 splash of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree top and bottom heat. Grease a baking form with baking sheed or oil and ground almonds.
- Peel the carrots and finely grate them. Per hand or in a high speed blender.
- Beat the soft butter and coconut oil, salt and vanilla until creamy in a mixing bowl.
- Then stir in the eggs.
- Add the grated carrots and stir briefly.
- Then sieve in flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Also add the almonds, vingegar and baking soda and sitr everything briefly until well combined.
- Pour the dough into the baking form, smooth it out a little and bake on a medium rack for 34-40 minutes. (Don´t forget to test with a chopstick!)
- Afterwards, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
For the frosting:
- Mix the creme cheese, the icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl together until it´creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, smooth the cream with a spatula or spoon on the cake.
- Decorate with everything you want and enjoy!
If you like you can Pin my Pictures on Pinterest.
If you try this carrot cake or one of my other recipes, please leave a comment how you liked it.
Tag @soulfoodbysarah on Instagram and Hashtag it #soulfoodbysarah
I would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
©soulfoodbysarah. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Soulfoodbysarah