This post is also available in german/deutsch.
The perfect weekend breakfast.
I love fast and ingenious recipes and this vegan french toast is perfectly for the Sunday breakfast. If you are looking for something special, but you do not want it to be too complicated then you are in the right place with this vegan french toast. And the berry compote is also very fast. 1 handful of fresh berries or frozen berries, simmer in a small saucepan with vanilla for 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and then give to the naughty toast.
French toast: vegan, quick and so delicious! Sometimes I forget these delicious things, I think I must check my morning routine Porridge & Co. you get a new friend! French toast on my breakfast list!
If you like you can Pin my Pictures on Pinterest.
If you try this creamy cinnamon porridge or one of my other recipes, please leave a comment how you liked it.
Tag @soulfoodbysarah on Instagram and Hashtag it #soulfoodbysarah
I would love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
Vegan French Toast
- 3 slices of soft spelt toast or other
- 3 tbsp of coconut flour or chickpea flour
- 125 ml of oat milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- coconut oil or other plant oil
For the Berry Compote:
- 125 g fresh or frozen miexed berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon, vanilla or sugar
- Whisk the flour, spices, milk and salt together in a shallow container.
- Gently heat the oil in a skillet.
- Dip a slice of the bread into the mixture and coat well on each side.
- Place in the skillet and fry on medium heat for a minute on each side until golden brown
- For the Berry Compote add the berries + vanilla, cinnamon or sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve with berry compotet, syrup and yoghurt.
©soulfoodbysarah. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Soulfoodbysarah.